Jobs & Opportunities
JOB / SECONDMENT OPPORTUNITY
Family Support Worker Post (re-advertisement)
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic professional to join our team as a Family Support Worker. As part of the Inverness Women’s Aid support team, they will provide support services to women, children and young people who have experienced or are experiencing domestic abuse.
Hours: 35 hrs
Working Pattern: Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm (plus occasional 1 – 9pm shifts)
Fixed Term Contract for one year (possibility of continuation, depending on funding)
**Can also be done as a secondment from a substantive post**
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with children, young people & families with social issues
- Recognised qualification relating to supporting children, young people & families in a care setting is desirable
- Knowledge and experience of working with domestic abuse issues
- Commitment to working with feminist values
- Driving licence and transport essential
- Post subject to Enhanced Disclosure/PVG check
- Applications for this post are restricted to women as permitted by Schedule 9 Pt 1 of the Equality Act 2010, which applies to this role
- Closing date: Mon 23rd Mar 2020 (extended)
- Interviews will be held in Inverness on Mon 30th Mar 2020
VOLUNTEERING OPPORTUNITIES – IWA BOARD OF DIRECTORS
We are looking to recruit new Director/Trustees for IWA’s Board, in particular to our Treasurer’s role. If you have the skills, commitment and enthusiasm to join the IWA team, get in touch! Email email@example.com to apply.
Please note that due to the nature of IWA’s work, these opportunities are open to women only.