Welcome to Inverness Women’s Aid online
Inverness Women’s Aid has been supporting women, children & young people experiencing domestic abuse
in Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch & Strathspey since 1978.
JOB / SECONDMENT OPPORTUNITY
We’re recruiting for a new Family Support Worker (re-advertisement) – click here for more details.
There are also opportunities to join our Board of Directors. We are specifically looking for a Treasurer as well as general Board members – click here for more details.
We believe in...
- supporting our clients to become truly re-empowered and independent as survivors of domestic abuse
- providing effective & innovative support based on a strong ethos which promotes equality and justice
- treating women, children & young people with dignity and respect
- listening to them without prejudice or judgement
- working in partnership with other professionals to assist clients and to improve their safety
The generosity of our local supporters is a constant source of inspiration here at IWA and we are always hugely grateful for the donations made by members of the community.
From now on however, we will no longer be able to accept second hand clothing or toys. Instead we’d love to receive new, nearly new, unworn or tagged items of clothing. We’ve all made those impulse purchases and left them unworn in back of the wardrobe … so why not donate them to us! Call us on 01463 220719 to arrange a donation.
DUTY OF CANDOUR
All health and social care services in Scotland have a Duty of Candour. This is a legal requirement which means that when things go wrong and mistakes happen, the people affected understand what has happened, receive an apology, and that organisations learn how to improve for the future.
IWA are obliged publish an annual update as part of their Duty of Candour obligations – click here to see update.
It is important to know the safest ways to use the internet by using a different computer or clearing your browsing history.