Welcome to Inverness Women’s Aid online
Inverness Women’s Aid has been supporting women, children & young people experiencing domestic abuse
in Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch & Strathspey since 1978.
We believe in...
- supporting our clients to become truly re-empowered and independent as survivors of domestic abuse
- providing effective & innovative support based on a strong ethos which promotes equality and justice
- treating women, children & young people with dignity and respect
- listening to them without prejudice or judgement
- working in partnership with other professionals to assist clients and to improve their safety
The generosity of our local supporters is a constant source of inspiration here at IWA and we are always hugely grateful for the donations made by members of the community.
From now on however, we will no longer be able to accept second hand clothing or toys. Instead we’d love to receive NEW/ UNWORN/ TAGGED ITEMS OF CLOTHING. We’ve all made those impulse purchases and left them unworn in back of the wardrobe … so why not donate them to us! Call Elaine or Amy on 01463 220719 to arrange a donation.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR NEW BOARD MEMBERS!
We’re looking for new Directors to join the Inverness Women’s Aid Board. We are particularly interested in recruiting women who have skills in the financial and legal/ policing fields. This is a voluntary role and, due to the nature of our work, is open to women only. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
We also plan to develop a new Board for our Trading Arm which is currently being planned for next year. So watch this space if this would be of interest to you instead of our main Board.
It is important to know the safest ways to use the internet by using a different computer or clearing your browsing history.